05121 Phosphate Remover Phosfree 3L 101.5oz by Natural Chemistry
PHOSfree is formulated from lanthanum (rare earth) compounds. When added to your skimmer, a thin coating of PHOSfree forms on the filter media. As pool water flows through the filter, phosphates are reduced to very low levels. All other phosphate products will cloud pool water! Natural Chemistry’s complete phosphate program results in clear perfect water, no waterline rings, no unpleasant?é odors, and no phosphates.Please see Instructions or Downloads-PDF in tabs on left hand side for Product Directions
- Most effective formulation available
- Works in the filter (no clouding of the pool water)
- Reduces phosphates down to near zero
- Reduces pool maintenance
- No Phosphates-No Problems
How to use PHOSfree:
- If pool has algae, follow dealer instructions to treat
- Follow dealer instructions to balance water chemically
- Clean or backwash filter, if necessary
- Determine required PHOSfree dosage from chart
Dose per 10,000 gallons (38,000L)
|Phosphate Level||PHOSfree Dosage|
|300ppb or less||0.5L or 16oz|
|600ppb||1L or 32oz|
|900ppb||1.5L or 48oz|
Note: It is recommended that you have your water tested by your dealer who can accurately measure your pool phosphate level
- With filter running, shake bottle well, and add required dose directly to the skimmer
Note: If DE filter pressure rises above normal range, bump filter per manufacturer’s instructions and restart. Repeat until pressure stays in normal range
- Run filter 8 hours/day for one week or 48 hours continuously without backwashing or cleaning. When phosphate levels are 100ppb or less, begin maintenance with a weekly dose of: Pool Perfect+PHOSfree
Weekly Maintenance Dosage1 cap (4oz) per 8,000 gallons (30,000L)
Tips and Info
- Always test your phosphate level before using PHOSfree. It is the only way to know your required dosage and if you are making progress in the phosphate removal process.
- Important: Algae must be treated first, prior to testing and lowering phosphates. Chlorine must be under 5ppm before testing phosphates.
- Color is that of weak skim milk. Some may be off white and may have sediment chunks.?é SHAKE WELL BEFORE USING!
- Product not affected by high levels of sanitizer
- Can swim immediately after use.
Why does PHOSfree raise my filter pressure?PHOSfree may raise the filter pressure as it puts a coating on the filter media so it is able to catch the phosphates. After 48 hours or filter running time, the filter should be cleaned or backwashed to remove the used PHOSfree as well as the phosphates. We recommend adding small doses of PHOSfree per application to prevent clogging of the filter. Do not add more than 1L (32oz) at a time per every 48 hour application. A good rule of thumb is to keep an eye on the return valves (not only the filter gauge). If the water pressure from the returns is still good (even half the normal flow) then cleaning or backwashing the filter is not necessary. If the pressure from the returns is to the point where you can barely feel any water flow, then cleaning or backwashing the filter is necessary. Note: Cleaning or backwashing the filter will remove the PHOSfree product, which means the product is no longer working and another application must be applied.How can I ensure that after using PHOSfree that my phosphate levels come into acceptable range?PHOSfree is designed to remove phosphates through filtration by applying a coating to the filter media. Depending on the phosphate level, more than one dose may be required. Important: Do not add more than 1L (32oz) within a 48 hour period. For extremely high phosphate levels (over 1000ppb) we suggest using PHOSfree Commercial Strength. Phosphates need to be lowered to 100ppb or lower before beginning to use Pool Perfect+PHOSfree on a weekly basis.MSDS