Algea Remover 2 lb. Yellow Out CS1003 07612
All About YELLOW OUT!
- Fast acting
- No brushing
- Dissolves immediately
- No copper or silver
- Safe in any gunite, vinyl, plaster or fiberglass pool
- Guaranteed! U.S.A. and Foreign Patents
YELLOW OUT produces amazing results! Quickly Economically
YELLOW OUT is not an algaecide, herbicide or pesticide. It does not contain quaternaries (foam), copper (stain), silver or poison. No algaecide can match the safety of YELLOW OUT. YELLOW OUT will not kill algae. However when YELLOW OUT is used with EPA registered chlorine, cleanup is achieved quickly and economically.
DIRECTIONS FOR USING YELLOW OUT
Yellow, green, brown or pink slimy algae on walls normally appears on the shady side of the poolwhere the vertical and horizontal surfaces of the step meet, below water fill line, along the wallsand under the lights in the pool.MAINTENANCE APPLICATION: Use YELLOW OUT for normal maintenance. Use 1/4 of initialrecommended amount with your regular shock treatment.INITIAL APPLICATION FOR ALL TYPES OF ALGAE
- CAUTION: (1) NEVER PRE-MIX YELLOW OUT WITH EPA REGISTERED CHLORINE OROTHER CHEMICALS; (2) never vacuum pool immediately after application, and (3) neveradd YELLOW OUT directly into the skimmer basket or filter suction line! Maintainproper pool chemistry at all times.
- SHAKE WELL TO BREAK UP THE LUMPS (product lumping in transit is normal). Clean DE orcartridge filters before proceeding (additional filter aid may be necessary with sand filter).Determine the size of the pool in gallons. Adjust chemical balance to pH 7.8 or higher,chlorine 2-2.5 ppm, alkalinity 80-120 ppm and cyanuric acid 25-75 ppm,
- Add two pounds ofYELLOW OUT per15,000 gallons waterdirectly into any type ofpool. Spread half of italong the perimeter ofthe pool, startingwhere the algae arethe thickest.Concentrate the restdirectly over problemareas. Never add morethan is recommended.
- After 5 minutes,add two pounds ofcalcium hypochloriteor equivalent (See#4a) or one gallon(15%) of liquidchlorine per 15,000 gallons water directly over YELLOW OUT. Follow the EPA registeredchlorine manufacturer’s recommended application instructions for different types of poolsurfaces, Never add more EPA registered chlorine than is recommended.
- Use of different types of chlorine:
- Calcium hypochlorite-2pounds per 15,000 gallons.
- Sodium hypochlorite (15% by weight)-1 gallon per 15,000 gallons.
- Sodium dichloro-s-triazinetrione-2 pounds per 15,000 gallons (also add 2pounds soda ash directly over chlorine).
- Trichloro-s-triazinetrione-2 pounds per 15,000 gallons (also add 2 poundssoda ash directly over chlorine).
- Lithiumhypochlorite-4 pound per 15,000 gallons.
- Tablets (Trichlor)-2 pounds per 15,000 gallons (if tablets are used, they must be completely dissolved within a 24-hour period). Also add 2 pounds soda ash directlyinto pool.
- Use of different types of chlorine:
- Circulate pool water for 24 hours using only the main drain, if possible. Check pump, valvesetting and timer, disconnecting the off-timer dog (tripper), if necessary.
- After Step 4, super-chlorinate the pool water again 12 hours after initial application and again 24hours after initial application–each time using 2 lbs of calcium hypochlorite (or equivalent) per 10,000gallons or one gallon of liquid chlorine per 10,000 gallons. Return equipment and chemical balance tonormal after algae are removed.
- YELLOW OUT dissolves immediately, is neither an algaecide nor an herbicide and as such hasno poisons in it. However, because of the concentration of EPA registered chlorine in your water aftertreatment, we recommend you stay out of your pool as long as you normally do after you shock orsuper-chlorinate your pool. How long you wait to swim after super-chlorination is a matter ofpersonal choice, but we recommend waiting at least 8 hours. After the EPA registered chlorinehas dissolved completely and when the pool is clear and visibility is good, you may swim at yourdiscretion.CAUTION: Keep YELLOW OUT and all pool chemicals out of reach of children. Rinse containerthoroughly and dispose of it properly.NOTE: If your pool has TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) content above 1,500 ppm, treatment mayrequire additional chlorine.YELLOW OUT is guaranteed to perform when the simple instructions are followed. However,neither Coral Seas nor the seller makes any guarantee, expressed or implied, concerning thisproduct when used in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Neither shall be held responsible forany personal injury, property damages or other types of loss resulting from mishandling, improperstorage or improper use of this material.
- Why do I have to raise my pH to 7.8 or higher before I use?
- In order to interact most effectively with the EPA registered chlorine, YELLOW OUTneeds a high pH environment. Since most pool owners keep their pool pH between 7.2and 7.6, you will probably need to raise your pH to 7.8 or higher to use YELLOW OUTeffectively. pH can be raised with soda ash or a pH increaser and it usually takes at least3-4 hours.
- How do I know how much soda ash to add to my pool to raise the pH to 7.8 or higher?
- You can take a water sample to your local pool store and ask them to do a basedemand test. This test will tell you exactly how much soda ash needs to be added toyour pool to raise the pH to 7.8 or higher.
- What is the active ingredient?
- YELLOW OUTis not an algaecide; it is strictly a pool cleaner. When added to the pool withoutchlorine, nothing happens.Active Ingredient: Disodium salt of ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid dihydrate,diammonium sulfate : 100%
- Do I need to pre-dissolvebefore adding it to my vinyl liner pool?
- It is NOT necessary because YELLOW OUThas nothing in it that will bleach or discolor a vinyl liner.However, if you feel more comfortable pre-dissolving it, that’s fine. Just mix it with warm water in abucket and then pour it into your pool.
- How long should I run my filter after adding YELLOW OUT?
- At least the first 24 hours, run your filter continuously. Shut off any skimmers if you can and openthe main drain so that the water is being pulled from the bottom of the pool. Because of varyingamounts of particulate and the quality of circulation and filtration, you may find it necessary to runyour system longer and to add a water clarifier. The type of filter will make a difference as to howfast the pool clears. If you backwash a sand filter too often, the sand will not act as a very fine filterfor smaller particulate. Therefore, if you have recently backwashed your sand system, there is noneed to backwash again before the application of YELLOW OUT. It’s normally recommended thatyou do not backwash until you have at least a 10 lb. pressure increase over your normal reading fora clean filter.
- 5. CIRCULATE POOL WATER with filtration continuously for 24 hours using onlythe main drain if possible. Repeat Step 4, adding additional EPA registered chlorine after 12 and 24hours. When exactly do I add the EPA registered chlorine applications?
- Shock the pool 12 hours after application of YELLOW OUT and a 2nd time 24 hours afterapplication of YELLOW OUT
- After adding YELLOW OUTand EPA registered chlorine, my pool changed from cloudygreen to milky blue. What do I do?
- You have a filtration problem. Most likely you have a sand filter. The algae that were present beforeyou added the chemicals have been killed; however, because of their size, they passed through yourfilter without being trapped. We recommend that you add a filter aid that coats the top of the sandand traps this residue. Cartridge filters sometimes require a water clarifier to increase theeffectiveness of the filter. Normally, this particulate will be trapped by the DE filter.
- What is a filter aid?
- Filter aid is a generic term for a powdered product that, when poured into your skimmer, will coat thetop of the sand in your filter, allowing the filter to catch those tiny bits of dead algae that arecurrently passing right through and causing the cloudiness. You can use diatomaceous earth, alum orwhatever your local pool store recommends as a filter aid. Start with a small amount (about 1/2 cup)and then add only enough additional to raise your pump pressure about 1-2 pounds above thepresent reading on the gauge.
- How long do I have to stay out of my pool after treating it with YELLOW OUT?
- YELLOW OUT dissolves immediately, is neither an algaecide nor an herbicide and as such has nopoisons in it. However, because of the concentration of EPA registered chlorine in your water aftertreatment, we recommend you stay out of your pool as long as you normally do after you shock orsuper-chlorinate your pool. How long you wait to swim after super-chlorination is a matter ofpersonal choice, but we recommend waiting at least 8 hours.After the EPA registered chlorine has dissolved completely, when the pool is clear and visibility isgood, you may swim at your discretion.
- If I have to treat my pool again within 7-10 days, do I need to add more YELLOW OUT?
- No, YELLOW OUTusually stays in your water for 7-10 days after the original treatment unless ithas rained or you have added additional water to the pool. So, if you need to retreat your pool withinthat time period, you need only raise your pH to 8.0 and shock the pool with 2 lbs. of EPA registeredchlorine or 1 gallon of liquid chlorine (15%) per 10,000 gallons of water.
- What is your guarantee?
- If you follow the instructions and the product doesn’t perform, go to your dealer, explain whathappened and you will be advised. Also, feel free to call 800-962-2222 for additional assistance.This product is guaranteed to perform when the simple instructions are followed. However, neitherCoral Seas nor the seller makes any guarantee, expressed or implied, concerning this product whenused in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Neither shall be held responsible for any personalinjury, property damages or other types of loss resulting from mishandling, improper storage orimproper use of this material.
Method of using YELLOW OUT with chlorine is covered by USA and Foreign Patents. YELLOW OUT is a registered trademark of Coral SeasPlease direct additional questions to 800-962-2222 (CST)Source for this topic is the manufacturer’s website: http://www.yellowout.com, if you have any questions about the text (directions of use, safety, MSDS, FAQ, etc.) please visit their website or call them at 800-962-2222 (CST)CAUTION: Remember, Never mix YELLOW OUT and EPA registered chlorine or any other chemicals together in a bucket and always rinse the bucket out after each use.