102001 Booster Up to 20K Pools by PoolRx
PoolRx contains a proprietary blend of minerals that continuously and effectively eliminates algae. The specially treated alloy cylinder is packed with the PoolRx mineral formulation. These minerals immediately dissolve out of the cylinder and form a stable residual throughout the pool water for up to 6 months. The minerals eliminate the algae while freeing up low levels of chlorine to be more active and productive in the water. During the pools filtration process the minerals are rejuvenated every time they return and pass through the cylinder. PoolRx works synergistically with a constant low level of chlorine. Residential (0.5-1.0ppm); Commercial (1.0-5.5ppm)
IDEAL FOR SALT POOLS
PoolRx Minerals improve the salt water experience. The minerals reduce the salt chlorine production needed to keep your salt pool sanitized and algae free. Less salt chlorine production extends the life of the salt cell and reduces the amount of acid needed to balance the pH. PoolRx prolongs the life of your equipment, saves you money and improves the quality of your water.
REASONS TO USE POOLRX BOOSTER
- Use to replace minerals 4-6 months after install of PoolRx unit
- Increase amount of minerals for pools larger than 20,000 gallons.
What will PoolRx do?
- Eliminates All Algae:
- PoolRx will eliminate algae immediately and continuously for up to 6 months.
- For extreme conditions or longer pool seasons you can add a PoolRx booster mineral tablet if needed.
How: PoolRx minerals dissolve out of the unit in the first 24 hours and form a stable residual throughout the entire body of water killing algae and bacteria. This frees up low levels of chlorine or salt chlorine to be more active and available. As the minerals pass back over the PoolRx unit during circulation, they are reenergized and last up to 6 months.
- Reduces Chemical Demand:
- 50% Reduction in your chlorine or salt chlorine demand.
- 100% Eliminate need for harsh chemicals like phosphate removers, clarifiers, sodium bromide, etc.
How: PoolRx only requires 0.5-1.0ppm residual of chlorine or salt chlorine in the water to be completely effective. So you can start by putting in less. Second, the minerals are freeing up a low chlorine residual to become more active and available so it will take even less chlorine to reach your desired ppm.
- Simplifies Pool Maintenance:
- No installation required.
How: Start with a clean filter and simply drop PoolRx unit into the skimmer or pump basket, maintain normal pool chemistry, and as little as 0.5-1.0ppm of chlorine or salt chlorine. Do not re-clean or backwash filter for at least 2 weeks so minerals can dissolve through filter.
- PoolRx minerals last for up to 6 months.
- Minerals are lost through algae and bacteria kill, splash out, filter cleaning and back washing
- For longer seasons or extreme conditions, a PoolRx Booster (pn.102001)can be added if needed
- Mineral Booster should be added to skimmer or pump basket to dissolve. Not inside of unit
- Leave original PoolRx unit, now empty, in either basket so it can rejuvenate booster minerals
- Start with New PoolRx unit at the beginning of each season
- PoolRx unit is effective in rejuvenating minerals for up to 12 months in the water and needs to be replaced every year
- Reduces Energy
How: PoolRx is so effective you may be able to turn down the circulation pump run times, saving you money on your monthly electricity bill. With the PoolRx method you only need to turn water over once in 24 hours.
- Prolongs the Life of your Equipment and Surfaces
How: Less run times on circulation pump equals less wear and tear, longer life. PoolRx minerals include a natural de-scaler that will also help to extend equipment and surface life.
- Ideal for Salt Cells-Improve water quality- prolong life of salt cell
How: With PoolRx in the water, you can turn down Salt Generator by 50%. Thus, also reducing the acid needed to balance the water. The mineral formulation includes a natural de-scaler that helps keep the cell cleaner, longer, reducing frequency of cleaning. With PoolRx there is no need for other harsh chemicals. All of these factors improve the quality of water, while prolonging the life of the salt cell and reducing scale build up on surfaces and equipment.
- Replace the need for a Salt Pool
How: A PoolRx Mineral Technology Pool is even better than a Salt Pool. The minerals work with a very low chlorine residual and no other harsh chemicals to provide amazing water that is easy to maintain. PoolRx and 1-2 tabs per week. Add a mineral booster in 4-6 months if needed. Start with a new PoolRx unit at the beginning of every season.
- Prolongs ‘Water Life’
How: 50% less Chlorine means 50% less Cyanuric Acid (CYA) build up, (if you are using tabs). With PoolRx you can 100% eliminate the need for other harsh chemicals. Less total chemicals means lower TDS (Total dissolved solids) Lower CYA and TDS means water does not get OLD?é¼?¥ as quickly. It will now take less minerals and chlorine to be effective for a longer period of time. With PoolRx it will require less frequent drain/refills?é¼?¥ of pool.
- Improves the Quality of Water and Bather Experience
How: PoolRx minerals work with a very low chlorine or salt chlorine residual, with no other needs for specialty chemicals. No Algae with less chemicals provides clean, clear, healthy water. Better for your eyes, skin, hair, and lungs compared to high levels of chlorine and other harsh chemicals; like phosphate removers, clarifiers, sodium bromide, etc. With PoolRx your water will look and feel like never before
- Proven worldwide since 1994-It really works!
- Effective-ideal for any size body of water / pool or spa /salt or chlorine / residential or commercial
- Easy to use-drop in skimmer or pump basket / lasts up to six months / add booster if needed
- Beneficial to Bathers-provides clean, clear healthy water with less chemicals
- Eco-Friendly-using less chemicals / less energy / less water / increasing lifespan of surfaces and equipment
- Cost Effective-saving you money / time / effort
Easy Steps To Installation
- Step 1: Start with a Clean Filter
- Step 2: Place unit into Skimmer for the first 6 hours or until minerals have completely dissolved
- Step 3: Take unit out of Skimmer and Place in the Pump Basket. (for maximum water flow over unit)
- Step 4: Set required Chlorine Level
* Note: If you already have a low reading of chlorine (0.2-1.0ppm) you do not need to shock it. Maintain a 0.5-1.0 ppm of chlorine for residential pools and 1.5-2.0 ppm of chlorine for commercial pools. With PoolRx minerals in the water, it will take less chlorine to obtain your preferred chlorine level.
- Unit must be replaced at the beginning of every swimming season for effective results.
- PoolRx Mineral Booster (UP# 102001) should be added after approximately 4 to 6 months, based on bather load and conditions. MInerals are lost through algae kill, backwashing and filter cleaning. (8oz of PoolRx minerals)
- The Booster should be added to the skimmer to dissolve. Note; The minerals do not need to be added back inside the PoolRx unit.
NORMAL POOL CHEMISTRY REQUIRED
- Maintain normal pool chemistry ranges;
- Residential Chlorine 0.5ppm-1.0ppm
- Commercial Chlorine 1.0ppm-5.0ppm
- pH 7.2-7.8
- Alkalinity 80-120
- Cyanuric Acid 10-80
Product does not come in a retail package.
PoolRx Sizing, Which Unit Should I Use?
Fix Green Swimming Pool Using PoolRx
Pool Water is Murky Blue PoolRx Overdose
PoolRx Causes Purple Dust on Pool Surface
PoolRx is Ideal for Salt Water Swimming Pools.
Should I Worry About Phosphates If I Have PoolRx Installed?
What Type of Chlorine Can I Use With PoolRx?
Can I Use Calcium Hypochlorite Cal-Hypo Shock with PoolRx?
Should I Run the Pool Pump After Installing a PoolRX Unit?
Should I Use More PoolRx For Better Results?
Should I Clean Pool Filter Before Using PoolRx Unit?
When Should I Use PoolRx Booster Unit?
Can I Use Other Copper-Based Algaecides with PoolRx?
How Can I Test For PoolRx Minerals in Swimming Pool Water?
Should I Throw the Empty PoolRx Unit Away?
PoolRx the Blue Minerals are Not Dissolved Completely
Some Blue Stuff is Coming Out of PoolRx?
Is PoolRx Safe for Dogs?