How to Fix Green Swimming Pool Using PoolRx?
How Can I Fix my Green Swimming Pool Using PoolRx Unit?
So what are the directions to clear up a green swimming pool using a PoolRx unit?
- Start with a Clean Swimming Pool Filter
- Test and Balance pH level which ideally is 7.2-7.4
- Use the proper PoolRx unit based on total gallons of swimming pool.
PoolRx Blue unit for pools with 7500-20,000 gallons of water
PoolRx Black unit for pools with 20,000-30,000 gallons of water
PoolRx Booster unit for 7500-20,000 gallons of water. PoolRx booster is additional mineral for larger pools or
- Place PoolRx unit into pump basket
- Raise chlorine level to 2.0ppm
- Run Circulation pump for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, vacuum pool, and clean filter again
- Depending on severity of Algae, repeat steps 5, 6 and 7 until pool sparkles.
Note: The PoolRx directions for Green to Clear are different than installation of PoolRx into a pool with atypical algae problem. These directions are for really green pools. Understand, minerals are lost due to algae kill, backwashing, filter cleaning and splash out. So in a Green to Clear situation you will not get 6 months out of the minerals. Every Green to Clear
situation is different so the lifespan of the minerals will depend on the severity of the algae and the conditions of the pool after it gets clear. Typically a Green to Clear situation will require a booster after a period of time. You will need to add a booster when water is getting cloudy, and chlorine demand goes up, or you can see algae spots again.