Algaedyn Silver Algea Remover Algaecide 47-600
- What is AlgaedynAlgaedyn is a most effective concentrated algaecide. Developed after years of intensive research and field tests, its major active ingredient is silver in colloidal form. The silver particles are so minute that if magnified several thousand times, you can see only a haze.
- How does Algaedyn workAlgaedyn interferes with essential metabolic activities in algae cells. Therefore, it rapidly kills all living algae, including Black Algae, and also prevents new growth.
- Does Algaedyn have an effective residual actionYes. Algaedyn clings invisibly to the pool walls, floor and filter. This means that it automatically maintains an effective algaecidal level in the water, because it releases more silver as the silver in the water is depleted.
- Does Algaedyn affect filtersAlgaedyn interferes with essential metabolic activities in algae cells. Therefore, it rapidly kills all living algae, including Black Algae, and also prevents new growth.
- How does Algaedyn workNo. Algaedyn helps keep filters clean and free flowing. When living algae are present, filters become clogged with a slime which blocks filtration. Algaedyn helps prevent the algae accumulation in the pool and filter, and assures longer filtration runs without the need of frequent back washing.
- Is Algaedyn easy to useYes. Just add Algaedyn into the filter, in the lead to the filter, or directly into the skimmer.
- When do I add AlgaedynAnytime. Your fresh water supply may already contain algae. Therefore, the best time for the first treatment is when the pool is being filled. This assures algae-free water at the outset. If you use the same pool water from one season to the next, add Algaedyn when the pool is being made ready for the new swimming season.
- Does the recommended Algaedyn treatment take care of fresh water added to the poolYes. Algaedyn is compatible with most other chemicals normally used in the maintenance of swimming pools, and may reduce the need for other chemicals.
- Why do I need Algaedyn if I’m using chlorineAlgaedyn improves the effectiveness of your chlorine. Chlorine is a germicide, and the amount of chloring normally used in swimming pools does not kill all algae. Large doses of chlorine (super chlorination) cause corrosion of equipment, the bleaching of hair and swimming suits, and the water to become foul-smelling. Algaedyn is specifically made to control all types of algae and has none of these traits.