Wondering How To Change Hayward Pro-Grid DE Swimming Pool Filter Grid Assembly Cluster?
Hayward’s ProGrid DE swimming pool filters add extra-long filtration cycles and maximum efficiency to the superior filtration performance of swimming pool and spa diatomaceous earth filters. Available with slide valves and multiport valves, this filter is designed for service ease and the ultimate filtration performance.
Initial Cleaning Of Hayward Pro-Grid DE filter Element Cluster Assembly
Before removing the element cluster assembly we recommend hosing it down with a strong stream from a garden hose. Be sure the drain plug is not in place or the drain valve is open. Remove as much of the dirty D.E. and accumulated debris by flushing it out of the drain opening. This will allow for easier removal of the element cluster assembly.
Removing Hayward Pro-Grid DE filter Element Cluster
Rock the element cluster assembly slightly from side to side to free the manifold from the vertical outlet elbow. The element cluster assembly may now be removed by lifting it straight up using the lift handles.
Hayward Pro-Grid DE Filter Re-assembly Instructions
- Remove filter tank seal.
- With a clean cloth wipe the lower filter body seal surface. Do not use a solvent.
- With a clean cloth wipe the upper filter body seal surface.
Re-installing Hayward Pro-Grid DE Filter Element Cluster
- Lubricate outlet elbow O-rings with Magic Lube 5 oz. Teflon Based Lubricant Sealant Aladdin 631.
- Replace filter element cluster into filter tank, carefully fitting top collector manifold outlet over outlet elbow O-ring.
Hayward Pro-Grid DE Filter Body And Clamp Re-assembly
- Place the metal reinforced seal on the lower filter body. Place the upper filter body on the Hayward DEX2422Z2 metal reinforced seal and lower filter body in a position which allows all operation and safety labels to be clearly visible and the upper body to be centered on the lower filter body. Press down firmly and evenly to set the upper filter body.
- Replace the filter clamp around the upper and lower filter bodies. Hold the clamp ends to position the clamp on the filter bodies with the clamp ends adjacent to the safety and operation labels on the filter bodies.
DO NOT HIT OR STRIKE CLAMP WITH HAMMER OR METAL TOOLS.
- Insert clamp bolt through the clamp ends and thread the clamp nut onto clamp bolt with rounded end of the nut towards the ends of the clamp.
- Never rely on hand tightening of clamp nut to clamp bolt. Using 3/4in. socket on a torque wrench, torque clamp nut to clamp bolt to 150 inch-lbs.
- Follow Operation Instructions for “Starting the Pump and Filter System”
But wait, now you wonder:
What’s the correct Grid Assembly Cluster for my Swimming Pool Hayward Pro-Grid DE filter?
Well the answer is pretty simple. You can measure the height of the grids.
If the height of a grid measures: